Afrezza User's Comment to an SA Article Dismissing the Trial Results
A poster called Afrezzauser left the following comment in response to a negative article written by Derek Lowe entitled "Mannkind's Latest Data" (which was also posted on the Agoracom site). FUD agenda? Perhaps. The reader's response contains a strong endorsement of Afrezza from someone who claimed to be a participant in the clinical trial. It's worth a read.
"Well let me help answer some of your concerns. I was on the trial for type for 6 months. I have been a type 1 Diabetic for over 10 years experiencing highs and lows and several near death experiences with dozens of close calls on Humolog and Novolog. Well my life changed once I was on the trial. Let me make some brief points to you!
1. I lowered my A1C from 8.5 to 7
2. In 6 months I had 0 sever lows and only one reading under 70
3. I lost 3-4 lbs
4. Never in my diabetic life have I had such low fasting blood sugars.
5. At one point I had my blood sugars locked in from 80-120 for 10 days without having a reading over 120 even after meals. It was too aggressive so had to back off. (impossible with current treatments)
6. I no longer had to carry emergency candy or soda around. Why? Since Afrezza kicked in in 12 minutes by the time I left my home 90% of the insulin was out of my systems.
7. I could correct any higher blood sugar reading in a matter of 20 minutes. No more worries at nighttime as I could take a dose 30 minutes before bedtime and know that I wont have a low in middle of the night.
8. Family members were all relieved as diabetes seemed not a factor in my life. Nobody worried anymore of lows.
9. I no longer had to plan meals ahead. One time I left my inhaler and went to eat pizza. No worries as I knew I can correct blood sugar very quickly. When I got home I had a reading of around 300..25 Minutes later back to a little over 100. Tell me what insulins can do this today?
10. I could go on and on all day with this but you know I will stop because my guess is you do not have a family member that is a diabetic to realize what the real problem is with todays insulins. Oh and I almost forget..No more needles!!! I almost forget the least important point which is that it is inhaled...you see thats just a convenience.
11 One more..0 effect on lungs in fact I think my lung tests were better under Afrezza. You are going to mention the slight cough when you first start using Afrezza. Try 1500 needles injections a year! Please give it a rest!
Afrezza will be approved and I will be one of the 1st in line for it!!! My life depends on this. If anyone has ever had a sever low or seens a friend or family member with a severe low from todays insulins Afrezza can greatly reduce that.