Tom, I assume that Rader and Linn are part of the "A" panel three-some as well. I think the five panel hope was just wishful thinking. Six months in Ramboidian-time completely lost, due (imo) to Mayer's intentional stall.
All the pieces are in place for the courts to allow Ramnus to pass go and collect the 200 :
- Rambo has a fool-proof collar on, thanks to the EU committment. The courts don't have to worry about creating a monster out of Rambo.
- World economies are on the rise, so no real need for courts to extend MU any further BK protection.
- Anti-patent crowd has quieted down considerably in the press.
- Anti-Rambus crowd barely makes a peep these days.
- patents in question are exhausted